As promised, I have made something: an earring rack, which I've been contemplating since Alex converted a mesh box into a similar earring storage device several years ago. Some of the picture frames we shipped from Boston came with the glass broken, so I removed the glass and backing, cut out a piece of wire mesh (the main ingredient I couldn't find in Boston but found here at Blick), and glued it into the back of the frame. Hard work, peeps! It looks like this (no mockery of my earrings please):
Eventually, I will hang it from a hook in the wall, but right now, we're still organizing the bedroom furniture so wall-hooking will have to wait. I hope Dale is proud.