Unlike Phoebe, I have no anxieties about revealing my failings on the internets by posting resolutions, but I skipped some years due to the whateverness of making resolutions to do things that I have to do anyway or are largely out of my control, whereby they become more like predictions of what will happen out of necessity rather than resolute aspirations. I have poor resolve. But Miss Self-Important's low-aiming resolutions are back, to wit:
1. Write all of my dissertation, but probably really more like most of it, since there is no urgent reason to finish early.
2. Get some new ideas so I can stop infinitely repeating things I've already said in my non-academic writing.
3. Read long books, but also short ones, as the situation dictates.
4. Pet cats.
5. Make potato salads.
6. Temporarily escape California, ideally more than once. This may just a different way of saying, "travel."
7. Make progress towards permanently escaping California, with husband and cat and household goods in tow. This is just a different way of phrasing #1. But multiple perspectives on some things are important.